As this project is originally based on JHipster, lot of prerequisities are common with this project. The following are necessary:
Before starting the application :
- checkout this project
- log into your mariadb server and create an empty database for this application
edit the database in the file
securityrat-backend/src/main/resources/config/application-dev.ymlaccording to the examples
databaseName: $YourDatabase username: $DBUserName password: $DBUserPassword
edit the authentication type and CAS configurarion in the file
authentication: type: FORM
configure the Mail server in the file
mail: host: localhost # mail server port: 25 username: #might be needed depending on your mail server password: #might be needed depending on your mail server protocol: smtp tls: false auth: false from: securityRAT@localhost # from email address
How to run
- if you are going to run SecurityRAT and the CAS server on the same machine at least 6GB of RAM are recommended.
mvn installfrom the project root directory to bundle the frontend and API components. This is needed to start the tool.
- Move to the folder securityrat-backend and run
mvn spring-boot:run. This will automatically create the database structure if it doesnt exist yet.
- log in to your mariadb server and in the
JHI_USERtable rename the
adminuser login to your CAS username OR log in with the credentials
adminfor the username and password (in order to get full rights for your user).
- go to https://localhost:9000. You should be verified by your previously setup CAS server OR FORM login and can start using the application.
- The constants (under Administration -> constants) must be edited accordingly.